Ngā Karahipi Uru Rākau – (Forestry Scholarships)
17 October 2022
Applications for Ngā Karahipi Uru Rākau – (Forestry Scholarships) are open to study the Diploma in Forest Management at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, Rotorua campus, in 2023.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone thinking about studying forest management next year.
We are particularly interested in encouraging both Māori and/or those who identify as female into higher-level forestry qualifications, to create greater diversity in the sector.
Please share within your networks and encourage people to apply.
Three forestry scholarships are available to study the Diploma in Forest Management at Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology at the Rotorua campus.
Successful recipients will receive:
- $7,000 a year for 2 years (the length of the diploma) to help with tuition fees and living costs
- a paid summer internship facilitated by Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service.
Applications close Friday 16 December.
For more information about the scholarships, go to: www.mpi.govt.nz/forestryscholarships
Or you can email MPIForestryScholarships@mpi.govt.nz or phone 0800 00 83 83
Why study forestry?
By studying and choosing a career in forestry you can:
- Help New Zealand reach its climate change goals
- Enhance and protect our country’s biodiversity
- Partner with Māori and iwi to optimise land use potential and outcomes
- Create a sustainable environment for the future
- Help create new industries and technologies
- Be part of the move to building a bioeconomy.
Videos about the scholarships and forestry careers
He ataata o ngā karahipi me ngā mahi ngahere
Hard copy scholarship brochures are available – reply to this email to request them.
Download the digital brochure at www.mpi.govt.nz/forestryscholarships