There are eight regional wood councils in New Zealand:
- Northland Wood Council
- Hawkes Bay Forestry Group - contact Keith Dolman
- Central North Island Wood Council – email email@example.com
- Eastland Wood Council (Gisborne/East Coast)
- Southern North Island Wood Council
- Marlborough Forest Industry Association
- Canterbury/West Coast Wood Council – email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 021 721 371
- Southern Wood Council (Otago/Southland)
The wood councils are often active in promoting forestry careers and training at schools and in the wider community.
Most have good regional and national careers and training information on their websites.
Wood councils also often act as a link between schools and the local forest industry, helping organise visits for students and teachers, and also sometimes work experience for school students.
Most wood councils also offer scholarships to local people either planning to study, or already studying, forestry at polytech or university.
Talk to the contact person at your regional wood council about forestry careers, employment and training opportunities, and scholarships you might be eligible for.